Raising funds for a cause?
Host an unforgettable event with a 75-minute cruise aboard a historic paddlewheel riverboat. Our crew will work with you every step of the way to create a unique experience that is a win-win for everyone. All ages are welcome to come aboard the riverboats.
Available from May to October
75-minute cruise for up to 70 people
Advance ticket sales only. Event hosts will be provided a specific URL for ticket sales.
$140 non-refundable deposit required at time of booking
- This deposit will be applied to the riverboat’s minimum required revenue of $375 per event.
- This deposit represents the cost of 7 tickets at a $20 rate. You may resell or gift away these 7 tickets.
- The recommended minimum fee per ticket for a fundraiser is $20: $13 riverboat fee; $7 fundraising profit
- You are welcome to charge more than $20 per ticket.
- For each ticket sold, no matter the fee you choose, the riverboat fee per ticket is $13.
The remaining balance is required 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- The riverboat’s minimum required revenue is $375 per event.
- For additional tickets sold over the minimum required revenue, the riverboat fee per ticket is $13.
All passengers must have a boarding pass. This includes event hosts, hired assistance, entertainment, etc.
BYOB? Register for a special use permit that allows guests to bring beer and/or wine aboard the cruise at least two weeks prior to your event. Permit fee included in package price. Sales are not permitted aboard the riverboat. Must provide proof of Dram Shop liability insurance. All federal, state local health and safety precautions apply.
Two weeks prior to the cruise, the event host and Manager of Cruise Operations will review ticket sales. Paddlewheel Riverboats must be paid the minimum of $375 in order to cruise. If the event host does not reach the minimum of $375 in ticket sales, they will be given the following options:
- Buy additional tickets to reach the minimum required revenue of $375. The event host will then be able to resell the tickets. The ticketing platform will remain open for additional tickets to be purchased.
- Postpone, based on availability, up to two weeks out.
- The event host has the option to cancel the event. If they choose to cancel, the St. Charles Park District will keep the security deposit of $140.
Paddlewheel Riverboat cruises operate rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the event host will have the option to reschedule the cruise, based on availability. If the event host decides not to reschedule, the St. Charles Park District will keep the security deposit of $140.
The event host will be the point of contact for ticket buyers. The Manager of Cruise Operations will be the point of contact for the event host.
Prior to the event, the host must supply a copy of the organization’s W9 form. A pdf version emailed is acceptable.
Funds will be mailed by check from the St. Charles Park District within 10 business days following the event date to the address on the W9, unless otherwise indicated.